About 100+ Women Who Care
How It Works
As a member of 100+ Women Who Care Comox Valley, you will be joining us for four evenings per year for a one hour meeting. Our meetings promptly start at 7:00 p.m. at Crown Isle Resort & Golf Community and will end at exactly 8:00p.m. If you wish to come a bit earlier to spend some time networking and meeting the new members, we will open the doors at 6:15 p.m. for you to do so.
The meeting will look like this:
• At the beginning of the meeting the committee will give an update on the Comox Valley Chapter.
• All approved nominations will be put in the Charity Basket and three ballots will then be chosen at random.
• The three Charities will each give a five minute presentation and answer any questions the members might have in that time frame.
• The members will then vote on their Charity of choice, the votes will be counted, and the Charity with the most votes will be announced.
• Members will send an e-Transfer or write a cheque for $100.00.
• The funds will be given to the voted Charity once all monies have been received.
• A cheque presentation and photos will be organized at a later date.
Charity Choice Criteria:
* It must be a registered Charity
* The Charity must be willing to issue a charitable donation receipt to every member in a timely manner
* The Charity must agree that they will not use the membership list to solicit further funds
* The Charity must have a local presence in the Comox Valley community
* The Charity must spend a substantial portion of the received funds within the community
Inspired by the various 100+ Women Who Care throughout Vancouver Island, and all over North America, we wanted to contribute to this incredible organization by forming a group in the Comox Valley.
100 Women Who Care was started in 2006 and with now approximately 500 Chapters across North America, they are all able to contribute and give back to their community. To learn more about the history of this organization, visit: www.100whocarealliance.org
Venue & Community
Mary is the owner and founder of MGG Communications Inc. a public relations boutique firm that focuses on brand reputation management and content creation. She has worked with a variety of clients and organizations over the past 22 years, including, St. Joseph's Hospital, Comox Valley Schools and, most recently, Vancouver-based firm, PR Associates Ltd. Mary has resided in the Comox Valley off and on since 1991 having first come to the island as a young military officer. She is inspired to “be the change you want to see in the world” and is committed to helping her community thrive and prosper.
Lisa has participated on boards of charities and non-profit groups since she moved to the Comox Valley over 20 years ago. She was part of the group that founded the Comox Valley Montessori Society and is thrilled to be part of the steering committee starting the 100+ Women Who Care - Comox Valley. She has an amazing teenage daughter and works as a client partner for one of the world's top leadership development organizations.
Anne was born in New Brunswick and moved to Courtenay in 1965. The next five decades took her all over British Columbia - Quesnel, Powell River, Victoria, Vancouver and Nanaimo - before returning to the Comox Valley in 2015. Anne has been an Administration Manager, a Volunteer Coordinator for Nanaimo Hospice, a Marriage Commissioner and still works as a casual Library Assistant in Courtenay and Comox. Anne loves the powerful concept of 100+ Women Who Care, and is delighted to help out on the organizing committee.
Executive Financial Consultant of Baker & Associates IG Private Wealth Management, Mandy is a Certified Financial Planner providing women a voice at the financial table. Born and raised on the Sunshine Coast, Mandy has a strong passion for the ocean, her community and family. With deep roots in the Comox Valley, it is the perfect playground for her to work, play and give back. 100+ Women Who Care CV shines an important light for her showcasing how women have strength in numbers, and collectively can make a difference.
Finances & Payments
Diane and her husband Richard retired to the Comox Valley in 2011. After working 30 years in the Environmental field she now dedicates her time volunteering for various not-for-profit organizations and is now very excited to be part of the 100+ Women committee. She has two beautiful grandchildren who live close by. She occupies her free time with Tai Chi, golf and walking throughout this amazing valley.
Finance & Tech Assistance
Monica has been a resident of the Comox Valley since 1976. She is the proud mom of 3 and can be found cheering on at hockey games, robotics tournaments and school concerts. She is a busy mortgage professional and an avid toastmaster who also teaches public speaking. She enjoys spending time on her hobby farm with a menagerie of animals.
Website & Tech Support
Laila and her husband Algy immigrated from South Africa in 2001 and are incredibly grateful to call the Comox Valley home since 2007. They have a wonderful teenage son, Nalan. The family is passionate about the environment and living healthy. Laila has a strong project management and training background and is excited to support 100+ Women Who Care.