About 100+ Women Who Care
How It Works
As a member of 100+ Women Who Care Comox Valley, you will be joining us for four evenings per year for a one hour meeting (click to see dates). Our meetings promptly start at 7:00 p.m. at Crown Isle Resort & Golf Community and will end at exactly 8:00p.m. If you wish to come a bit earlier to spend some time networking and meeting the new members, we will open the doors at 6:15 p.m. for you to do so.
The meeting will look like this:
• At the beginning of the meeting the committee will give an update on the Comox Valley Chapter.
• All approved nominations will be put in the Charity Basket and three ballots will then be chosen at random.
• The three Charities will each give a five minute presentation and answer any questions the members might have in that time frame.
• The members will then vote on their Charity of choice, the votes will be counted, and the winning Charity will be announced.
• Members will write a cheque to the winning Charity for $100.00.
• The funds will be given to the voted Charity once all monies have been received within two weeks after the meeting with a cheque presentation and photos.
Charity Choice Criteria:
* It must be a registered Charity
* The Charity must be willing to issue a charitable donation receipt to every member in a timely manner
* The Charity must agree that they will not use the membership list to solicit further funds
* The Charity must have a local presence in the Comox Valley community
* The Charity must spend a substantial portion of the received funds within the community
Inspired by the various 100+ Women Who Care throughout Vancouver Island, and all over North America, we wanted to contribute to this incredible organization by forming a group in the Comox Valley.
100 Women Who Care was started in 2006 and with now approximately 500 Chapters across North America, they are all able to contribute and give back to their community. To learn more about the history of this organization, visit: www.100whocarealliance.org
Carla Arnold - Royal LePage Comox Valley
Catherine Worthy Halkyard - Re/max Ocean Pacific
Tracey McGinnis - Blinds & Bubbles Boutique
Rayme Pasieka Coaching Services - Website Services & Tech Support
Crown Isle Resort & Golf Community - October 2019 and 2020 Meetings Venue
40 Knots Vineyard and Estate Winery - January, April, July 2019 Meetings Venue
ABC Printing - Donation of Large Cheque & Signage