About 100+ Women Who Care
How It Works
NOTE: Due to COVID-19 regulations we are holding virtual Zoom meetings until further notice
As a member of 100+ Women Who Care Comox Valley, you will be joining us for four evenings per year for a one hour meeting (click to see dates). Our meetings promptly start at 7:00 p.m. at Crown Isle Resort & Golf Community and will end at exactly 8:00p.m. If you wish to come a bit earlier to spend some time networking and meeting the new members, we will open the doors at 6:15 p.m. for you to do so.
The meeting will look like this:
• At the beginning of the meeting the committee will give an update on the Comox Valley Chapter.
• All approved nominations will be put in the Charity Basket and three ballots will then be chosen at random.
• The three Charities will each give a five minute presentation and answer any questions the members might have in that time frame.
• The members will then vote on their Charity of choice, the votes will be counted, and the winning Charity will be announced.
• Members will write a cheque to the winning Charity for $100.00.
• The funds will be given to the voted Charity once all monies have been received within two weeks after the meeting with a cheque presentation and photos.
Charity Choice Criteria:
* It must be a registered Charity
* The Charity must be willing to issue a charitable donation receipt to every member in a timely manner
* The Charity must agree that they will not use the membership list to solicit further funds
* The Charity must have a local presence in the Comox Valley community
* The Charity must spend a substantial portion of the received funds within the community
Inspired by the various 100+ Women Who Care throughout Vancouver Island, and all over North America, we wanted to contribute to this incredible organization by forming a group in the Comox Valley.
100 Women Who Care was started in 2006 and with now approximately 500 Chapters across North America, they are all able to contribute and give back to their community. To learn more about the history of this organization, visit: www.100whocarealliance.org
Venue & Community
Jenny is the owner of Salon Pure Hair & Esthetics and has lived in the Comox Valley for over 35 years. Raising three amazing girls along with her husband was the reason she calls this the most amazing place to live, work and play. Her motto is “Love what you do and it never will feel like work.”
Lisa has participated on boards of charities and non-profit groups since she moved to the Comox Valley over 20 years ago. She was part of the group that founded the Comox Valley Montessori Society and is thrilled to be part of the steering committee starting the 100+ Women Who Care - Comox Valley. She has an amazing teenage daughter and works as a client partner for one of the world's top leadership development organizations.
Finances & Payments
Diane and her husband retired to the Comox Valley in 2011. After working 30 years in the Environmental field she now dedicates her time volunteering for various not-for-profit organizations and is now very excited to be part of the 100+ Women committee. She has two beautiful grandchildren who live much too far away in Vancouver and so occupies her free time with Tai Chi, golf and walking throughout this amazing valley.
Finance & Tech Assistance
Monica has been a resident of the Comox Valley since 1976. She is the proud mom of 3 and can be found cheering on at hockey games, robotics tournaments and school concerts. She is a busy mortgage professional and an avid toastmaster who also teaches public speaking. She enjoys spending time on her hobby farm with a menagerie of animals.
Website & Tech Support
Laila and her husband Algy immigrated from South Africa in 2001 and are incredibly grateful to call the Comox Valley home since 2007. They have a wonderful teenage son, Nalan. The family is passionate about the environment and living healthy. Laila has a strong project management and training background and is excited to support 100+ Women Who Care.
Carla Arnold - Royal LePage Comox Valley
Catherine Worthy Halkyard - Re/max Ocean Pacific
Tracey McGinnis - Blinds & Bubbles Boutique
Crown Isle Resort & Golf Community - October 2019 and January 2020 Meeting Venue
40 Knots Vineyard and Estate Winery - January, April, July 2019 Meeting Venue
ABC Printing - Donation of Large Cheque & Signage